You Know You're From Boston If ....
1. You have to dial the area code to call your neighbor
2. You think crosswalks are for babies
3. Khaki's are something you start the car with
4. You think if someone's nice to you, they either want something or
they're from out of town (and probably lost)
5. You know how to cross 4 lanes of traffic in 5 seconds
6. If you hear someone say "pahk the cah in hahvad yahd" one more time
you're going to slap them upside the head.
7. Anything past Worcester is "the middle of nowhere"
8. You are amazed when traveling out of town that people who work at
McDonald's speak English.
9. You think it's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching
the car in front of you.
10. You know that a yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get
11. and that a red light means 2 more can.
12. Crown Victoria undercover cop
13. Subway is a fast food place. The transportation system is known as
the "T", and only the "T"
14. For the cost of your house, you could own a small town in Iowa.
15. There are 16 Dunkin Donuts within 20 minutes of your house.
16. You or someone in your family has a Smart Tag
17. When people talk about the "curse of the Bambino", you know what
they're talking about (and believe in it too)
18. You know what the blinking red light atop the Hancock tower means in
19. You think of Rhode Island as the "deep south"
20. You don't think, you know that the Yankee's suck and that
Steinbrenner is the devil.
21. You believe using a turn signal "gives away your plan to the enemy"
22. If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have 3
23. Someone has honked at you because you didn't peel out the second the
light turned green.
24. You've honked at someone because they didn't peel out the second the
light turned green.
25. All the potholes just add excitement to your driving experiences.
26. Stop signs mean slow down a little, but only if you feel like it.
27. 6 inches of snow is considered a "dusting"
28. 3 days of 90+ heat is definitely a "heat wave" and 63 degree weather
is "wicked warm".
29. $15 to park is a bargain
30. you cringe every time you hear some actor/actress try to do "the
Boston accent" in a movie - if you don't have it, you're never gonna get
it right, even if you were born here.
31. you can go from one side of your hometown to the other in only about
15 minutes and see at least 15 deadbeats you graduated with----doing the
exact same thing they were doing when the last time you saw them!
32. Through high school you had seen many fist fights between
guys ------ but more between GIRLS!!
32. The words wicked and mint were major parts of your vocab. along with
calling chocolate sprinkles at the ice cream shop Jimmy's!